Yes, it is that time of year. I’d like to think of mine more as goals than resolutions. Not like “I resolve to change X, Y, and Z”, but “it is my goal to accomplish X, Y, and Z”.
Anyway, our delay in CLT helped me to think of these. Quick anecdote then the meat of the post: got home at 2:30am. Unpacked and ready for bed by 3am. Three emails from a principal at work at 2:45am informing me that I have lots to do when I return. We got up this morning with a goal of being to work by 10am. Someone had very nicely shoveled our driveway from the 6-8 inches of snow we received in the past ten days. We just had to clean off the cars. UNFORTUNATELY, Matt’s car wouldn’t start. And of course his car was blocking my car (which started just fine). So we had to call AAA. They said it might take 2 hours, but we were lucky and the guy was there in 15 minutes. TA DA! Into work by 10:45. Not too shabby.
Anyway, so I have 7 goals for 2010:
- Read more I would like to read one book per month either fiction or non fiction. Hopefully my nonfictions will help to educate me about some exercise/health/nutrition so that I am better informed (Katie must be jumping up and down with excitement)
- Go to church Matt and I have been trying to do this for a while, but first we didn’t like the church we went to. Then life (well bells and travels) got in the way. But we’ve found a new one to try and I’m hoping it’ll work out.
- Change focus of my creative outlet Say what? Well, I have been in Boston for three years now and this is my third season with New England Ringers (handbells). I love the people and music, but it leaves little free time and even conflicts with some personal events. So I will be quitting at the end of the spring season and moving onto enjoying other outlets. I love to dance and do musical theater, so I’m hoping to do more dance (like jazz) and maybe even try out for theater . . . we shall see!
- PE EXAM really this should be #1. We will be studying like mad until April 16th when we will take (and pass the first time!) this exam. So not thinking about much until after April.
- Save money I managed to save about 20% of my salary in 2009. A lot of that is due in part to having a roommate and sharing expenses. I truly need to look at my finances and make some cuts and budgets for this number to increase (Oh yeah and stop flying every other weekend).
- More trips with Matt we are planning on taking our first vacation EVER by ourselves (just the two of us, nobody to visit, no wedding to attend) after the PE Exam. I’m also planning on taking him to Purdue for a football game in the fall.
- Get a dog Matt has been asking for this for a while. I finally relented (I wasn’t sure about having one in an apartment), and AFTER WE PASS THE PE, we will investigate this. It might involve finding a new apartment or renegotiating our current lease.
There you have it! 2010 HERE I COME!!