2011 New Year's Resolutions
Am I too late to this party? Sorry, I had to blow dry my hair (which is a total joke if you knew that my hair takes all of 2 maybe 3 minutes to dry).
Anyway, it’s that time of year again. If you’ll notice, some may be repeats from last year.
- Enjoy the Wedding: the first five months of the year will be pretty busy with wedding stuff. I’m kind of starting to freak out. So far I’ve been pretty laid back, but I’m very afraid that I could turn into a
Actually, I don’t think that I will yell at anyone, just get stressed and snap. Or not sleep. Which brings me to Resolution #2
- Read more: I was that kid reading by light of the hallway, and then hiding the book under my pillow when my parents walked by. Now, not so much. I want to get into a habit of reading more, especially before bed. Turn off the computer and curl up with a book. I’d like to think that it will help me relax. I’ve always been a night person, and my brain sometimes refuses to shut off when I go to bed. Here’s hoping!
- Attend Church: for real this time! I have a lead on a new church (and kind of actually know someone there). Plus they have handbells. I’d like to make it a regular thing.
- Get on a better schedule: Yes, I am writing this at 1:30am. And I have to go to work in the morning. I’ve gotten into a VERY bad habit of staying up until at least 1am. Then I don’t roll out of bed until after 8am, and stroll into work around 9am (or later, who am I kidding).
- Make more meals at home: we have gotten so lazy these past few months. I think that our demanding jobs combined with the dog and the fact that it’s dark at 4pm lead us to not want to do anything when we get home. Now if only I had a plan to make meals . . . wait I could do that! I mean if we’re this lazy now, what will we do when we have kids? They will not be raised on McDonald’s Happy Meals!
- Learn how to roast vegetables: I think that Matt might like them if I roast them and bring out the sweetness. Of course, I’d start with veggies that he already eats like carrots and green beans. I don’t think that it’s hard, but I haven’t done it.
- Take down the Advent Calendar: seriously, it’s been up since last Christmas (as in 2009).
- Be more active with the dog: Matt does a lot of the dog walking (he runs her every morning), so it’s pretty easy for me to just let him do it and stay home. NOT ANY MORE! Monday night, I started taking her on a short walk and thought “Hey, I don’t have much to do. Kickoff’s not for another 2 hours.” So I took her on our evening 2 mile walk instead. One step at a time folks.
- Feel great walking down the aisle! Yes, in 4.5 months, I’m getting married. I have about 7-10lbs to go. Weight Watchers has helped me drop 4 lbs in 4 weeks. I just don’t want to hate my pictures. There, I said it; I’m vain.
- Run a 30 minute 5k. I’m not a runner. Never have been. But I do appreciate it. And cardio is my weakest link. If I do more, I can start to run farther and faster. Now to make a running plan.
- Blog regularly: While I do love reading blogs that are updated 3X per day, I just can’t make that sort of commitment. So I commit to 3-5 posts per week (preferably 5).
I think that’s a decent list. I have some other things that are more like “To Do”s or small goals. (i.e. donate my old computer that’s taking up space. Clean up our big closet!)