Wow, it’s that time of year again. My 2012 resolutions are going to be eerily similar to last year’s. I guess I should review them more.
1. Read more: well one book down! I got so many books for Christmas (Violets of March, American Wife, the new Jennifer Weiner, and the first two Hunger Games.). I already finished Violets of March and I can’t wait to join the discussion with Julie.
2. Attend church: somehow sleeping in and running with the dog has trumped any sort of church attendance. That’s not good. So Matt and I have a date to try out a church this next Sunday.
3. Get on a better schedule: I have been working CRAZY hours the past month or so. Seriously 50-60 hour weeks. In my office, we are typically “work at night” people (thus why I stayed until 5am a few weeks ago), so I’ve been getting in at 9:30/9:45. I don’t like that. I should be aiming for 9pm. This means going to bed before, say, ONE AM!!!
4. Make more meals at home: To save money and eat more healthfully, we really need to do this more. I’ll try to post some of our meals and maybe even some planning. (WHAT?!?! PLANNING!?!)
5. Run a half marathon: The tickets are bought! Disney Princess Half MARATHON!! I’m 4 weeks into training. I think I need to be a bit more strict on the training. I’ll be glad of it in 8 weeks. I have a time goal, although we’ll see how realistic it actually is.
6. Go to Europe: I haven’t been there, and neither has Matt. We have plans to go this year. Especially since I have a cousin in Paris and Matt has a friend at Oxford!!
7. Buy a house: That whole saving money thing . . . yeah, it has a purpose. We’re looking into being first-time home buyers, starting with reading a book (I couldn’t find the book “Home Buying for Dummies” at the Library. Matt laughed at me and thought it was ironic). And this week we start a 4 week course on First Time Homebuying.
8. Be more green: Not sure what this all involves and perhaps more ways will be implemented once we buy a house and can do things (e.g. compost). But I’d really like to cut down on our waste and energy use.
9. Finish wedding and doggy 5k recaps: This is embarrassing. I need to do that.
That’s it for now. Do you have any resolutions? Or goals?