I have XM Satellite radio in my car and love Channel 90’s on 9. My sisters-in-law and I were rocking out to it on our roadtrip the other day. We knew the lyrics to all of the songs. It was amazing, considering some of the songs I hadn’t even THOUGHT of in years. Like “Blue, da be dee da ba dye”? Then today, I was reminded of the song “Roses” by Outkast. I seriously watched this music video over and over in the fall of 2003. It just makes me laugh!
Anyway, I made some running playlists to keep me motivated and have some great old and new stuff on there. Some of this just makes me smile when it comes on:
- Hard to Handle, Black Crowes
- Forget You, Cee Lo Green (New but awesome)
- Inside Out, Eve 6
- Send Me on My Way, Rusted Root (does anyone else think this song is about baseball?)
- Got My Mind Set On You, George Harrison (someone was smoking something for this video)
- Blister in the Sun, Violent Femmes
- You Can’t Stop the Beat, Hairspray (if you need 5 minutes of motivation, this is it! Seriously I dance to it as I run. “motion of the ocean”)
- Say My Name, Destiny’s Child
- Walkin’ On the Sun, Smashmouth
- Follow You Down, Gin Blossoms (OH EM GEE! I didn’t have any Gin Blossoms!?!)
- Lovefool, Cranberries
What songs do you enjoy running to? Fast? Slow? Do also wish you could stay in the 90’s forever? There was some awesome music back then! Can you picture where you were when listening to some of these songs? What am I missing?