Category Archives: Eating Out
Excuses for not posting? Well I’ve been working a lot and studying a lot and not doing much of anything exciting.
Anyway, so Friday Matt and I tried the new Indian place in Watertown Square, Lazziz. We decided to be adventurous!
Started with vegetable Samosas:
They brought out three different “sauces”
Matt went adventurous with a sweet Lassi (a yogurt shake). It tasted “different”.
On the left is my PINDI CHANNA (Chick peas cooked with cumin seeds, ground pomegranate seeds and spices). I asked for it “hot”. Let’s just say I ate it with A LOT of Naan, rice, and water! Matt got a Tandoori chicken dish that was SIZZLING when it came out. Lucky for me it came with a bunch of peppers and onions so that was one of my side dishes! We splurged on the $11 bread basket and tried a bunch of different types of bread. I have been eating my chickpeas for the last three days and finally had the rest for dinner tonight! Very good, just needed bread to cool it down.
That’s about it right now. I’ll try to update more. If I see a blank day on my little calendar on the right, I get sad.
Eliminate the negative! Latch on to the affirmative! Don’t mess with Mr. In-Between!
So here are my joys from the week:
- Wednesday I met with my trainer. The first move was seated rows. She had me lifting 75 lbs. Each time I did it, I thought to myself “Wow, that’s a really heavy weight!” Of course, I could do it, but still, it was heavy. I finally said something to her after the third round and she replied, “Yeah, I’m moving you up to the weights that I normally do.” WOO-HOO!! Granted, I outweigh her by at least 30 pounds, but still, I’m liking how strong I’m getting.
- Today I went to the doctor. When I was there two weeks ago, my blood pressure was 120/80. I was a bit disappointed, so this morning I made sure to breathe deeply while I made my way back to the exam room. TA DA! 100/60! I love having low blood pressure. Both of my parents have low blood pressure, so it’s a lot of genetics. But I’d also like to think that my healthy-er lifestyle has helped!
- I studied at home today and for the most part stayed on task. The only down fall was that I kept munching . . . a lot. I discovered the new Vanilla Almond shredded wheat. The ingredients actually aren’t so bad. Although I probably shouldn’t eat like 2-3 bowls! Anyway, I decided to keep dinner light, so at Bugaboo Steakhouse (did I mention that I don’t eat red meat), I had a salad with grilled chicken, almonds, and cranberries.
So fruits and veggies today: banana, 2 servings each of black beans and corn, lettuce, cranberries. I could probably stand to eat some carrots if I’m hungry later.
- And our other adventure of the night was stopping at the furniture store around the corner that’s having a liquidation sale. We’ve been on the hunt for a new sofa for over a year. The problem is finding one that we both like. Matt is all about comfort (“I want to be able to rest my head on the arms”) and I’m all about style. We may have found something. It looks pretty nice in the picture.
I am very anti-puffy sofas, since it reminds me of people’s basements back in high school. But this collection photographed very well. Even in the bad lighting of a furniture store basement.
And best of all, look at the price for the 3-piece set . . hmmm now what to do with some of our current furniture
Ponder ponder ponder. Not at all about a healthy lifestyle. But this has been on our to do list for a while! And I’m interested in furniture selection/buying opinions.
Finally made it to the Cheesecake Factory. I’ve never actually been to one. Partially, just because, and partially because I don’t really care for cheesecake. Anyway, I’ve heard that the portions are HUGE, so I went in ASSUMING I’d have leftovers.
Bring on the BBQ Ranch Salad
And of course you have to have some cheesecake (well Anne and Matt had to find peanut butter and chocolate dessert to share!)
I felt good (NOT STUFFED) afterward and had a tasty salad for lunch today!
Oh yeah, and I’m pretty sure it’s a mildly strained ab muscle. It hurt to bend over and pick stuff up. But stretching feels good, so hopefully I’ll be back to normal soon!
Time to Check on January Goals
- Sleep more Definitely didn’t work on this one! (Seeing as I’m still on the computer at 11:30pm)
- Try new foods/recipes Yeah, Check! (here’s a sampling)
- Get into routine it’s working well, studied 40/70 hours (I blame the wedding the first week of January)
- Begin morning exercise half check, did once per week (because I’m paying my trainer to be there at 6:30am)
- Fix computer and TV Nope! Maybe February?
Must contemplate my February goals!
Do you make goals? Had any success recently?